Jeff4661 Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 I disagree with that. It's not like you just get random parts and make it work because it "fits". A recone is made for the sub of choice. Again it's not just "it fits ok" I wondered about that Bcs I believe psi recones all kinds of subs.. I've never herd any complaints either Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
FocusOn20s Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 I'd do the Zv3's Soundqubed is meh although the HDC4's are nasty. Probably the only decent sub that SQ produces
Miguels Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 the psi fits and works, but it isnt made for the sub, if you get factory parts for the sub it would perform much better, and z.v3's have a reputation for getting loud. So does the soundqubed but i would rather have the zv.3's i say stop giving advice till you know what youre talking about.. psi can build a drop in recone for that z.v3 motor that can work better then stock. sundown wont make a custom recone for the subs they sell and only have a few option.. psi has endless options for any type of recone my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Chris Hammer Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 why not get a better amp first? Sundown though..just my 2c. And lol about the stock parts statement..like psi only makes one recone for all subs. What about people going to updated 4th Gen sundown parts on the older motors. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Jeff4661 Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 I'd do the Zv3's Soundqubed is meh although the HDC4's are nasty. Probably the only decent sub that SQ produces I'm not one to argue but my I would have to disagree at the only good sub they make.. I think that the whole HDC line are very good subs for the money.. I love the he'll out of my HDC3 15s But I will probably get the zv3s just for something different.. never owned sundown before.. How ment cubes for a pair? 10? 12? Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 why not get a better amp first? Sundown though..just my 2c. . As I said this is for my current build I'm working on.. the plan is a pair of aq3500s or a pair of dc5k I just havent decided which yet. Will the zv3s take 4k+ a sub? Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
FocusOn20s Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 I'd do the Zv3's Soundqubed is meh although the HDC4's are nasty. Probably the only decent sub that SQ produces How many cubes for a pair? 10? 12? 2 cubes for a pair of 10s. and 4 cubes for a pair of 12s
Jeff4661 Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 I'd do the Zv3's Soundqubed is meh although the HDC4's are nasty. Probably the only decent sub that SQ produces How many cubes for a pair? 10? 12? 2 cubes for a pair of 10s. and 4 cubes for a pair of 12s Lol the subs are 18" lol I was wondering 10 CuBes? 12 cubes? Lol sorry if I mislead you Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
FocusOn20s Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 I'd do the Zv3's Soundqubed is meh although the HDC4's are nasty. Probably the only decent sub that SQ produces How many cubes for a pair? 10? 12? 2 cubes for a pair of 10s. and 4 cubes for a pair of 12s Lol the subs are 18" lol I was wondering 10 CuBes? 12 cubes? Lol sorry if I mislead you oh LMAO smh and with stock parts, Sundown recommends 4 cubes for the 18s... If you're planning on putting 4k to them, I'd stick to something on the smaller side. Definitely wouldn't do 6 cubes each
Jeff4661 Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 I'll just figure about 10 cubes after displacement for the pair.. tuned to 32hz Does 14in of port per cube sound close? I know my HDCs are 16 a cube Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.