Jeff4661 Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 Ok some background, I currently am running a pair of AQ hdc3 15's in a 8.8 cubic foot enclosure. Off of a glx2200d Now I am planning on doing a pair of 18s in my next build I'm working on.. I was planning on 2 18 SQ HDC4S but a guy on my local Craiglist has a pair of sundown z.v3 18s with fresh PSI refines for $650 I'm stuck.. I think on my new setup the HDC4 18's will be Louder..but I'm really not 100% on that.. any input I would greatly appreciate.. Thanks Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 *psi recones (st upid spell check) Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Phaeton Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 i say the sundown seems alright, maybe try for a little less and after get some sundown recones. 1997 subaru legacy outback Four 15's in a almost wall Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass Optima Yellow top batteries 270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) Lots of Second Skin
Jeff4661 Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 Does psi not make good recones? He sys he has a recipt an everything.. I'm a wheeler dealer I'll own them for $500 lol I've just never seen them in action so I was skeptical.. Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
hdorre Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 Im doing upgraded Zv3 18s myself.. Keep in mind that the HDC4 18s will want much more space and port area than zv3 18s.. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Jeff4661 Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 I drive a 05 yukon so space isn't a concern.. I had a 13.67cubic foot box designed for the HDC4s But are the z.v3s really better than HDC4s? I mean for the $650 I really can't complain about the z.v3s but I do want to be LOUD loud loud! Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Phaeton Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 the psi fits and works, but it isnt made for the sub, if you get factory parts for the sub it would perform much better, and z.v3's have a reputation for getting loud. So does the soundqubed but i would rather have the zv.3's 1997 subaru legacy outback Four 15's in a almost wall Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass Optima Yellow top batteries 270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) Lots of Second Skin
ToNasty Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 the psi fits and works, but it isnt made for the sub, if you get factory parts for the sub it would perform much better, and z.v3's have a reputation for getting loud. So does the soundqubed but i would rather have the zv.3's I guess. ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Jeff4661 Posted November 5, 2014 Author Report Posted November 5, 2014 the psi fits and works, but it isnt made for the sub, if you get factory parts for the sub it would perform much better, and z.v3's have a reputation for getting loud. So does the soundqubed but i would rather have the zv.3'sI appreciate your advice But is this opinion based on Ur loyalty to sundown? Or just a general favorite? Just curious.. I will probably go get the zv3s and use them for awhile then get the sundown recones Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
ToNasty Posted November 5, 2014 Report Posted November 5, 2014 I disagree with that. It's not like you just get random parts and make it work because it "fits". A recone is made for the sub of choice. Again it's not just "it fits ok" ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.