Sonic Electronix

Real sound deadener over peal and seal

Is the tar getting all over the place or something?

Just so ya know... when you heat it up with a heat gun, you will be able to pull it off, but it leaves a tar residue that is a huge pain in the ass to clean off, even with some acetone. You will spend hours... days... just cleaning it. lol I have something similar in my car and I just decided to leave it. When I do sound deadening next time around, it will definitely be something butyl based.

Heatgun and a metal putty knife is the best way I've found. Ive used a 15 dollar harbor freight heat gun and it does the job. Once you get most of it off you can try sanding a bit to get to clean metal for the real deadener to stick to.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Yeah, I've used that shit on a roofing job. The smell alone would've deterred me. I wouldn't use acetone cause that shit could fuck your paint up. Heat it and peel it. While it's still hot get something strong enough to scrape the extra off. Then get some goo gone or a tar remover like turtle wax. Be prepared to put in work.

Archived