Motorboat KER Posted November 18, 2014 Report Posted November 18, 2014 Hey guys. Looking to do aero instead of a slot port. max height is i believe 14" i can fit 3 maybe 4 4" aero with flares. I am tuning to 45hz. I know a single 8" or 10" would be better but i can not get that around here. Sealed box is like 8.5-9 cubes.
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 18, 2014 Report Posted November 18, 2014 Do you have a Home Depot anywhere near by? You can get a 4' piece of 8" or 10" sonotube for less than $10. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Motorboat KER Posted November 18, 2014 Author Report Posted November 18, 2014 Do you have a Home Depot anywhere near by? You can get a 4' piece of 8" or 10" sonotube for less than $10. Awesome! I found them at my local store via their online catalog. Only was looking for pvc.... What size should I use? If I cant fit the 10" would 8" be sufficient
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 18, 2014 Report Posted November 18, 2014 ...What size should I use? If I cant fit the 10" would 8" be sufficient Its unlikely that 8" would be enough, though I can't give good answer w/o knowing the subs you will be using and how much power you will be putting to them. In any case though the 10" will be better. You may even want to use two 8"s. Whats your reasoning for tuning to 45 Hz, is this a bandpass box? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
CleanSierra Posted November 18, 2014 Report Posted November 18, 2014 Oh, a bandpass? Keep increasing port area, you're not even close. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted November 18, 2014 Report Posted November 18, 2014 Why are you wanting a "4th order"? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Motorboat KER Posted November 18, 2014 Author Report Posted November 18, 2014 Why are you wanting a "4th order"? 1. Thats what my box is being built for already 2. My back seats dont go down so i am doing a blowthrough so to speak 3. I want a flatter response from 35-50
Motorboat KER Posted November 18, 2014 Author Report Posted November 18, 2014 And sorry that isnt a dick response i could of worded it better
CleanSierra Posted November 18, 2014 Report Posted November 18, 2014 Gotcha, it's by necessity. I just wanted to know, I wasn't trying to be snooty(well a little with the amount of 4th order threads lately). Two of those 12s in a bandpass, I'd want like 80" of port. That's me, take it for what it's worth. A 10" port is 78.5", close enough. Make an MDF "donut" for the inside of the enclosure and the outside so you can flare it with a router. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.