Second Skin Audio

Ford F-150 sub box help

Dbattise

So I got a truck this passed weekend. It's a 2013 Ford F-150 and I want to add a couple of subs in it. I have a couple of sa 8s laying around and I test fitted them under the seat and that out of the question. So now I'm thinking about maybe 4 sundown audio x6.5. Has anybody heard these? Would I have enough room under my seat for 4 of them ported?? More then likely it would be ran on rated power

I did a box for a crew cab F-150 a few months ago. I used four Tang Band 6.5 subs and a AT400.1 amp. It was a big improvement over the stock 8" under the seat but I wouldn't exactly call it loud. The Sundown X-6.5 are a lot more sub than the Tang Bands I used, though you may have a tough time fitting the motors on those things, they are pretty big. Another sub to consider would be the American Bass XD65.

Four 6.5" subs is only going to have slightly more cone area than a single 12" so I you are only going to get so much performance, I hope your expectations are fairly modest.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I've done a few for mine but haven't found the best solution yet. Most cubic feet you can get is around 2 cubes net. 6.5s could fire forward without modding the seat lift. Build in my sig just got lazy this summer.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived