Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Ford F-150 sub box help


Dbattise

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I got a truck this passed weekend. It's a 2013 Ford F-150 and I want to add a couple of subs in it. I have a couple of sa 8s laying around and I test fitted them under the seat and that out of the question. So now I'm thinking about maybe 4 sundown audio x6.5. Has anybody heard these? Would I have enough room under my seat for 4 of them ported?? More then likely it would be ran on rated power

Posted

I'm trying to keep my back seat. I got 2 kids so I'm really aiming to keep it up the seat. I know I'm only limited to a small amount of sub to pick from

Posted

I did a box for a crew cab F-150 a few months ago. I used four Tang Band 6.5 subs and a AT400.1 amp. It was a big improvement over the stock 8" under the seat but I wouldn't exactly call it loud. The Sundown X-6.5 are a lot more sub than the Tang Bands I used, though you may have a tough time fitting the motors on those things, they are pretty big. Another sub to consider would be the American Bass XD65.

Four 6.5" subs is only going to have slightly more cone area than a single 12" so I you are only going to get so much performance, I hope your expectations are fairly modest.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

To be honest I dont want to lift my back seat. But it looks like that would be the only way to get those 8s or even a descent system in that truck

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5316 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...