Jump to content

Midbass questions


Ritch40

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am planning a system redo in my semi. I currently am running RE XXX comps. While the midbass out of these is decent, I am looking for a little more punch in the 60Hz-200Hz range.

So here is my question:

i was thinking of pairing a 8" sub (with those crossover points in mind) with what ever comps i decided to run.

Is this a workable idea? Or would i be better off running something like a Crescendo pwx8?

I havent decided what the new sub stage will be just yet. I know it will be 4 subs, I just havent decided between 12's and 15's and sealed or ported yet(leaning to ported though).

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions??

Thank you in advance for any thoughts, opinions and ideas offered.

Posted

That Crescendo will not give you the mids you're looking for. Pro audio mids aren't known to excel at reproducing much of that low end mid sound. An 8" is better than a 6", but still not the greatest compared to a quality mid driver from a good comp set.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Where is everything installed now ??

Doors ??

I drive a 2015 Volvo. Planning a small SQ for it as we speak ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1528 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...