Sundown Audio

saz 3500 for 13w7s

noobslayer77

Not bashing on jl, mine sounded great sq wise, i just wanted to get louder. the box i had mine in was built exactly to jl specs ported.i ran a rf 2500 on them,birth sheet was 3,000 and i blew a coil. i never really even pushed them that hard,so i would say be very careful with that power you wanna run at that freq.

Op you're more then fine with that power.... I had a pair on a temp setup ran on a (3) sundown 3000d (5k)DDz1a and a DC 7.5k....on the 3k never got them smelly EVER on the Z1a I'd smell ALITTLE coil about 2 songs in FULL tilt clamped alittle over 3k and did 148@ 34hz sealed on the dash ...on the 7.5 it was a different story though Lol,but they still took a beating and never failed...and everyone whose gotten a demo knows I don't take it easy.... here's 2 videos of them on the DC 7.5k courtesy of Ken (Orionstang)

http://youtu.be/vJhSclxWhF4

http://youtu.be/879dZY2uPgc

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

dude that's gnarly!!! i'd never have the balls to run that much power to my subs lol. Yea i guess the best choice is to run the jl amp to them. it almost is going to be easier to mount instead of having to move a bunch of shit to fit the saz. ultimately i want reliability, so i guess there is no point in overpowering them seeing as it will gain little, and i dont compete. I see that box you had them in was larger than spec... I've heard they sound better in around 3 to 3.5 cubes, but w/e Mine's specd, but built like a tank, sounds great and i have no more room lol. Thanks for all the input, really helped me decide what to do. Its always nice to get some friendly advice from people who have experience with the same gear!

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Yeah box was originally for 2 15 Mayhems but was waiting on Recones so made adapters and threw some 13w7s I had in the garage in it...box was 7cuft net tuned to 30hz

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…

Ditched the mayhems and went to custom RE destroyers to custom eclipse Ti pros to SQ hdc4s to the lvl6....ditched the 6s and am currently waiting some new 15s....I change subs like underwear Lol

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…

Archived