Second Skin Audio

Downfire Boxes?

im currently looking for 2 12's for my chevy extended cab and im going to start building a box soon. I have been checkin out some downfire boxes because they seem to be the best way to fit the subs without taking room away from passengers. has anyone had experience with these? how do they sound do you gain or lose anything by having the subs downfire rather than be facing the front of the truck under the seats?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

I know that you need to make sure and find subs that work with what little bit of airspace you'll have for the box but I don't know about whether it sounds any different or not. I hooked up 2 pioneer shallow 12's in a single cab silverado and they sounded good for what small boxes you could fit. I heard 2 kicker cvr 12's in one of those custom fit boxes in the newer rams under the seat and it didn't sound very good because they needed more air space.

I know that you need to make sure and find subs that work with what little bit of airspace you'll have for the box but I don't know about whether it sounds any different or not. I hooked up 2 pioneer shallow 12's in a single cab silverado and they sounded good for what small boxes you could fit. I heard 2 kicker cvr 12's in one of those custom fit boxes in the newer rams under the seat and it didn't sound very good because they needed more air space.

i had a probox that went under the back bench seat of my ext. cab silverado that had 2 memphis 10s and they hit pretty good.

Back in the day my buddy and I built a down fire box for 4 12”s in his 96 GMC Serria. Got loud as hell and shook everything but sounded like dog crap! Did get loud though!

Rollerz Only - Sacramento Chapter. 6 Time Lowrider Magazine club of the year

94 Xploder on 22s - Gutted for now...

87 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on hydros, fully euroed out Tookie blue

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Crankin the volume knob and hittin switches.

http://www.rollerzonly.com

What subs were you looking at? I've noticed all the re audio's have pretty low cu. ft. recommendations...what are you trying to fit under there? Re audio now has shallows as well...

yea re's would be awesome but i have a low budget right now from buying the truck lol so im just lookin for some somewhat cheap 12's to get me by for a while. im not gonna be goin to any competions by any means i just want some beat because im used to a 15'' in my little old car. i figure goin with 2 12's in a truck should be about as loud as im used to and i was lookin at some cvr 12s and mtx 4500's stuff in those price range. eventually ill end up goin crazy and getting a real quality system but theres other things i want first (tint, rims, running boards,exhaust) :D

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

i had my 2 mtx 9500s in a downfire box in the smae truck and my expeirence was theres alot of cancellation..... like when the windeows were open it would be louder. but omg it pounded lmao

2v27cjs.png

Jeffrey Ribeiro

Co-Founder

Gold Leaf Consultants

E: [email protected]

www.GoldLeafConsultants.com

CA refs: abdulwq, jordyo,sgdenny,shinju, bannok

SMD refs: Assman, zfrerichs, shinju, Loganberry

CCA refs: jordyo, SR SQ, nothing13, Mat-Romain, JohnnyRock1588, Brandon, KingRukus, SPDDMON, BlitzSix

CA feedback thread

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.p...384#post5068384

what year truck? i have a box for 2 10s downfiring for a 97 ill let go for 85 shipped

its an 06.. thanks tho

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3