islandpride684 Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 The guy at the audio store recommended to get two Kicker 8in Hidaways. He also said "They will get louder than one 12in but wont sound as deep." The only problem with that is that its around $600 for two 8's. I have heard on 12 before and it's enough bass for me, so I don't think spending $600+ in two 8's will be worth it.you can get one off amazon for 279 plus it comes with the wiring kit....dont forget your paying for the sub and amp combo... Yes, I do know its a sub amp combo. But I feel like it would be cheaper to go with a single 12. well, do what you feel and what you think is reasonable for you, that center console box is not a bad idea... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
FineVisionz Posted November 24, 2014 Author Report Posted November 24, 2014 So I went looking around today, and I saw a Kicker CompR 12in And a kicker CVR 12in. Which one of these is better and why? This are not the final two I am look at, its just two I saw today....I am still looking around and will take into consideration any recommendations.
islandpride684 Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 CompR: http://www.kicker.com/sites/default/files/2013%20CompR%20Rev%20E.pdf CVR: http://www.kicker.com/sites/default/files/2007CompVR.pdf Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
RainStryke Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 The CompR is better, but you need about 2.5FT³ of box to work with. If your looking for recommendations, here is one: http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS310_p_225.html
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 The are almost the same sub, the CompR is the newer generation and has higher power handling. Neither would be my first choice for a sub in that price range. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
FineVisionz Posted November 24, 2014 Author Report Posted November 24, 2014 So I decided just to push my budget a little higher and go to about $600. So keep the recommendations comming. Also, is crunch a good amp brand? Because my local Fry's electronics has a crunch 2000 watt for around $140 http://www.frys.com/product/8118545?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
islandpride684 Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 Don't do it... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
FineVisionz Posted November 24, 2014 Author Report Posted November 24, 2014 Don't do it... Haha, yeah. After posting that I looked up "Are Crunch subwoofer amps any good?" It was pretty damn clear that I should stay away from them...
islandpride684 Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 Don't do it...Haha, yeah. After posting that I looked up "Are Crunch subwoofer amps any good?" It was pretty damn clear that I should stay away from them... Browse the for sale section, a lot of good stuff on there Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
FineVisionz Posted November 24, 2014 Author Report Posted November 24, 2014 Ok, I just want to see recommended 12in subwoofer set ups for around $500-$600 from now on. I don't care about the box size, I will figure away to secure the sub down. Also, I do not want to build my own box. So keep that in mind. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.