Subwoofer Stokes Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 What do you guys use to paint mdf? And what do you do to prep it? <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
rockFord_Expedition Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 Paint of your color of choice. Body fill, sand, primer Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
knowledge Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 make sure you coat the mdf with a layer of body filler and sand it smooth, primer filler then paint. 2-3 layers of body filler yields a better result. REFF'SMy linkEBAYhttp://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=trueI love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 I use Zinnser BIN primer to seal everything up before I paint, but you need to be able to spray it to get good results. What others have said are good suggestions too, the goal is to seal up the MDF and get a smooth surface before you put any paint on it. The better you seal it up, the better off you will be. Paint won't hide any surface imperfections. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.