Audeowerx Posted November 27, 2014 Report Posted November 27, 2014 Hey guys I'm looking for a recommendation for a box for (3) kicker compS 10's sv2ohm, right now there in a 4th order rear chamber 2.9 front is 1.5 tuned to 30hz, it sounds pretty good it's powered by a pioneer 5680 I think pretty sure it's around 800rms @ 1ohm. I've got it wired to 1.34ohm. The subs are rated for 300rms so it's underpowered, I think that might be the main reason it's not as loud as I thought it would be. Head unit is a Kenwood, it's in a 2006 impala. Do you guys think this setup might be better in a ported/ sealed box? Or should I just up the juice with a bigger amp? I know these ain't the greatest subs this is my lil bros setup and all he can afford rite now. Just want to get the most out of it. But a 1200 rms budget amp isn't out of the questions. He's 18 he just wants the thing to slam.
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 30, 2014 Report Posted November 30, 2014 98% of the time a properly done ported box will perform better than a bandpass box. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.