Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box Question


krazz619

Recommended Posts

Posted

Had a little question for my current sub and future sub. Currently got a Soundqubed 750.1 and HDS212 in a prefab ported box from sonicelectronix. I plan on getting a HDS312 in the far future when I wanna go louder and redo the whole wiring and batteries. My question, is there a box I can make or buy that is near perfect for my HDS2 and will still work for my HDS3? Before people start saying prefab boxes aren't worth it, I understand the benefits of making your own but I have had a few prefabs that work perfectly and not really experienced in making my own. But any thoughts on the situation? For a prefab box option, I was looking on eBay at a custom tuned box around 32hz that looks good. Fits my car too.

For those that suggest to making my own, its in a '01 Corolla trunk, dimensions I believe are wound like LxHxD 39x20x19 something like that.

Thanks ahead of time

2015 Scion tC

DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3

Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB

Posted

Soundqubed subs don't work very well in typical prefabs as they benefit form above average net airspace and port area and Yes you can do a box that will work well both for the 212 and the 312. To do a custom box you need no more than getting your cuts done at home depot and join the parts with wood glue and some drywall screws, a borrowed jigsaw and a weekend at most for a simple project.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5384 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...