Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Alpine Type R Enclosure


Recommended Posts

Posted

It's a matter of personal taste, some people will like peaky some not. The smaller box will sound a bit cleaner.

I am definately going for more SQ than SPL. I had two of these a long time ago in individual slot port boxes built to Alpine's specs (even the odd 12.5 x 1.25 port) and I have hit 128db with a no name "4000 watt" amp and not on a termLAB. These are going in a 2000 Maxima. I would like to be somewhere higher than the 128db I hit previously. This is not for competitions, but more for everyday listening, and a wide range of music.

Posted

It's a matter of personal taste, some people will like peaky some not. The smaller box will sound a bit cleaner.

I am definately going for more SQ than SPL. I had two of these a long time ago in individual slot port boxes built to Alpine's specs (even the odd 12.5 x 1.25 port) and I have hit 128db with a no name "4000 watt" amp and not on a termLAB. These are going in a 2000 Maxima. I would like to be somewhere higher than the 128db I hit previously. This is not for competitions, but more for everyday listening, and a wide range of music.

The older 4th generation SWR-1243 and previous versions worked in larger boxes as opposed to the latest 5th generation, in your case 1.8-2.0 cubic feet net would be nice and not as peaky as a 5th generation in the same box. BTW you are threadjacking bad man hope the OP doesn't mind.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5863 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...