no indictment for Eric Gardner

I'm just confused how he considered a guy saying "nah fool" to a police officer as a justifiable shooting but attacking a police officer and trying to steal his gun is not a justifiable shooting. :shrugs:

I think it's hard for us to make a decision on this without all the evidence presented to the grand jury. Apparently 2/3 to 3/4 of 16-23 people felt there wasn't sufficient need to indict the officer.

FUN FACT: a prosecutor can still take a case to a trial judge even if a grand jury doesn't indict the defendant. Indictment just speeds up the process. So if the prosecutor felt there was sufficient and strong evidence to charge Darren Wilson or whoever was involved with this particular case, they still can go through with it.

Who are you talking about? It seems like you are just generalizing in a conversation you are having yourself
That Focuson20s person or whatever his username is... I didn't feel like quoting something that was already a mega quote to begin with. He said Dillion Taylor was a justifiable shooting because he said "nah fool" but then listed Michael brown in his list of black people shot by the police which I'm assuming is a list of people he also felt was unjustified.

Gotcha!

After watching the video again, that was almost certainly a carotid choke; which is even faster and more dangerous than an air choke.

You can breathe during a carotid choke but it feels like you can't.

But technically speaking "he didn't restrict his airway." That is the most bullshit loophole I have ever seen in my life.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

After watching the video again, that was almost certainly a carotid choke; which is even faster and more dangerous than an air choke.

You can breathe during a carotid choke but it feels like you can't.

But technically speaking "he didn't restrict his airway." That is the most bullshit loophole I have ever seen in my life.

The question at hand isn't if it's bullshit or not. The question is, is it legal. And the answer to that is yes. From a moral standpoint you can have any opinion you wish, from a legal standpoint this question has already been answered.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

What constitutes whether it's legal? Can you choke a guy and then let go before he passes out?

Eclipse cd7000

I'm trying to stay on track here so help me out. What are we debating again?

1) the cops harassing him vs. Doing their job

2) the level of force used to make the arrest

3) the equipment/techniques used or not used to subdue

4) the legality of the technique used

5) the fact that the individual blatantly resisted arrest eve after multiple officers attempted to restrain his hands prior to the next level of force was used

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

What constitutes whether it's legal? Can you choke a guy and then let go before he passes out?

Technically speaking any physical tactic would have to be written into law for it to be considered illegal. In the realm of law enforcement we obviously have to abide by state and local laws but in addition there is a set of SOP's ( standard operating procedures) every department has that outlines what you can and can't do per "company" policy. Basically a glorified employee handbook. Based on your actions and circumstance of you violate ab sop you risk disciplinary action up to and including termination. If your actions are found to be on violation of the law then criminal charges can be filed against you. Hope that made sense

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

The technique with the arm around the neck only, specifically while taking him down I don't agree with or him holding the move while first going to the ground.

I mean I guess the whole situation stinks, but I would argue that the move the officer made was illegal, from the findings of compression of the neck.

I don't know if he should be charged with murder, but I don't think he should walk away scotch free here. There are other was to restrain someone.

Something here just doesn't sound right.

Eclipse cd7000

Archived