JL CleanSweep Install Help--'10 Ford Taurus

Ok so recently I picked up a 2010 Ford Taurus, completely loaded. Sync, leather, sunroof, yada yada yada. Planning on using a JL CleanSweep to get my bump back into the car in order to keep the stock headunit, for the time being. Eventually I would like to replace the HU with an aftermarket double din, but just currently don't have the money for it.

So here's the thing, I need some help. I understand how the CleanSweep works and what it does, but how exactly does it hook up? The car does have the full Sony sound system, but debating on going ahead and hooking my PBR300.4 up the the highs since I have it laying around. I'll also be putting my 2 12" DC Lvl4s in the car off a AQ1200D. Yes, I know the Lvl4s are laughing at the 1200, but you make due with what you have, right?

So...can anyone help me out?

i personally would bypass the Sony crap.

rip the speakers out run your amp and replace. as

http://www.jlaudio.com/cl441dsp-car-audio-oem-integration-98110

this should help. there's a vid explaining.

and its $300 bucks! you can get a nice double din for a extra $100

instead of spending $300 now and $4/500 later i would just wait.

also i know the lv4s can take much more but you don't have to Max them out. my sub is only getting half rated (till Monday) and i Can play super low because of it.

even tho I'm excited to double my power, I'm not pumped about turning my subsonic up.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I've already got the CleanSweep. I picked one up used for $100 with everything besides the calibration CD.

That's a hell of a deal. Just saying

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Ok so recently I picked up a 2010 Ford Taurus, completely loaded. Sync, leather, sunroof, yada yada yada. Planning on using a JL CleanSweep to get my bump back into the car in order to keep the stock headunit, for the time being. Eventually I would like to replace the HU with an aftermarket double din, but just currently don't have the money for it.

So here's the thing, I need some help. I understand how the CleanSweep works and what it does, but how exactly does it hook up? The car does have the full Sony sound system, but debating on going ahead and hooking my PBR300.4 up the the highs since I have it laying around. I'll also be putting my 2 12" DC Lvl4s in the car off a AQ1200D. Yes, I know the Lvl4s are laughing at the 1200, but you make due with what you have, right?

So...can anyone help me out?

Check to see if there is a factory amp behind the left trim panel in the trunk, if so bypass the factory amp (since you plan on using the 300.4) and use the wires on the input side of the factory amp for the inputs going into the cleansweep...you are going to need the wire diagram so see which wire is which...then on the output side of the factory amp...locate the speaker wires and run them to the 300.4...how many total speakers are there?

Locate the factory amp first then we'll go from there...if its not on the left side check the right side in the trunk behind the trim panels....after you locate the factory amp, next we will verify the connector plugs going in/out of the factory amp...there are a lot of diagrams out there just want to see which one you will need....take a pic of the connector plugs on the factory amp and post them.....see if these wires match the ones you have...these are the outputs for the factory amp going into your factory speakers

FRONT CENTER - green, grey/yellow (1,9)

LF DOOR mid - white, white/black (2,10)

tweeter- green/orange, grey/orange (3,11)

LR DOOR - white/green, brown/yellow (4,12)

REAR CENTER - green/brown, purple/brown (5,13)

RF DOOR mid - white/purple, white/orange (6,14)

tweeter- purple/pink, yellow/pink (7,15)

RR DOOR - brown/blue, brown/white (8,16)

when looking at the plug from the wire side, there

are two rows of wires with eight wires in each row

and the #1 terminal is on the top left. top row is 1-8

bottom row is 9-16. The numbers in parenthesis are the

posistion on the plug.

Located on the top plug is the sub wires

LEFT SUB - grey, green/purple

RIGHT SUB - purple, yellow

speaker locations and sizes

1 LF door 6x8 mid

2 LF door sail panel 1" tweeter

3 RF door 6x8 mid

4 RF door sail panel 1" tweeter

5&6 LR door 6x8 coax

7&8 RR door 6x8 coax

9 center of dash 3.5" full range

10 center of rear tray 3.5" full range

11&12 rear tray 6x9 subs

Here is a link i found that will greatly help you out...just a note...I hope you know how to read schematics because this is no simple task....the easiest way to bypass all this is to replace the head unit....good luck...

http://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=17832

Here is a link i found that will greatly help you out...just a note...I hope you know how to read schematics because this is no simple task....the easiest way to bypass all this is to replace the head unit....good luck...

http://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=17832

You are a savior. I'm can read schematics, but it may take me 2 or 3 times reading it to get it. I really appreciate all your help. Greatly appreciated.

Archived