Sundown Audio

hds 312 on soundstream amp

MusicHead804

You can do whatever you want. If you want to run that SoundStream amplifier at .5OHM, go ahead. I don't know if you are running stock, but i'll mention it anyway. Stock electrical isn't going to hold up to that kind of power. If you have extra batteries and a high output alternator, then sure, go at it...

If you just want cheap power @ 2OHM's you will want to look into something like Taramps or Banda Ice

https://www.facebook.com/BandaAudiopartsUSA/app_189977524185

I've also considered going with one of these:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_76262_Hifonics-X2600.1D.html

But remember, as stated before, a company like that can get you near your goal, but the quality of the sound isn't going to be anything near what Rockford or Alpine puts out there in the same wattage range.

I've been down this road, trying to find the best amplifier for my set-up. A .5OHM set-up requires too much in upgrades to really consider... At that impedance, amplifier power efficiency is out door and you need a 200+ amp alternator just to keep the voltage stable, maybe even a extra battery.

I run the soundstream tarantula 3k's and they run fine at .5. Hell I ran them at .25. Honestly I would run it at .5 on those subs. If you set the gain right you will be fine. Those subs can handle a bit more than rated and with rise and voltage drop you won't see a full 3k.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Archived