there a list somewhere of head units able to handle high DB?

In the past ive ran into cd players that couldnt handle high DB's, there a list somewhere of head units that can handle vibration on cds without skipping? Im guessing the easy answer would be to use an ipod or some auxilary device instead of cds but i still like to play cds myself.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Are you talking about CD players with electronic skip protection? If so, I just spent a good while trying to find a defining factor to show what CD players would have it... All I could find is, that feature uses RAM as a buffer to ensure uninterrupted music but it can actually lower the quality of the music you are listening to. I looked through Pioneer, Alpine and Kenwoods head units and I can't find anything mentioning DPS, ESP, Skip protection or vibration protection. I even looked to see if they would list anything about RAM in the owners manuals, didn't find anything. I'm not sure if it's just a feature integrated into what is considered a CD player by today's standards, but I do know... My HDS312's can't get my Pioneer CD player to skip even when they are pushing pretty hard. Not sure how much power you are planning on pushing and how much vibration you are expecting... But you should really invest into something with a solid state hard drive, like a flash drive... You can get a 32GB USB 3.0 for about 12 dollars.

What exactly are you running that makes you worried about the hu? My pioneer 7400 didnt start giving me problems up until a few weeks ago and I do 157s on music

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Archived