anyone using boltdown batt terminals on their alternator?

just curious if anyone is post pics of your setup if so

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Imo you shouldn't. As it was explained to me.

The more connections, the more resistance, the higher chance of failure.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

just figured it may solve issues where people cant fit ring terminals on there when doin multiple large gauge runs.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Yeah I know, just posting what I've been told. Don't know how it really would work out.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

i wanted to run a few 2/0 runs off it it, it does have a longer bolt on it then normal its the mechman elite series so i could fit the terminals on it easily just thought it would look cooler and never been a fan of ring terminals much

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Ask mechman, its their alt they should know.

What size is it anways? Anything smaller then 300amps simply needs 0 gauge ofc. 1 run would even be enough.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

320 amp. on 2 runs what fuses should i run? not that i want to run fuses ever but for safety purposes i should. was just gonna put a 300 amp fuse on each run amp draws around 500

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Fuse for the wire.

Say the manufacture of the 2/0 gauge your going to use rates the wire at 400amps you fuse at 400 amps or less.

If you put 2 if them in the alt and the alt can produce 320amps then make sure that between both fuses that they total 320-350amps. Anything smaller and you can easily blow them.

For fuses right before amps I would make sure the wire used I rated higher then manufacturer rates the amps for. Then fuse at the manufacturer fuse rating for the amp.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

im just wondering about fusing multiple runs the alternator wires will go right to the back on the battery,theres no batteries in front for now the wires from battery to amp will be very short not sure if gonna fuse those they will only be 18 inches long at most amp has dual 0 gauge inputs

as i recall electricity takes path of least resistance so maybe i would have more running thru 1 run then another if they are not same exact length... makes me wonder about the fusing of multiple runs

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

The alt to batt wires I would fuse at the wire rating for both.

Fuse the amps for sure imo. Better safe the sorry. Might only be 18" but that is 18" of wire and I'm assuming some spendy amps if you're needing that much power.

A few dollars to protect your stuff us money better spent rather then spending hundreds to replace anything that could get damaged.

Not only that but fuses aren't there to protect the gear in all reality. They at meant to protect you from an electrical fire.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived