Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Whoops, I posted my last reply before I saw you posted links. That definitely seems like a good idea. I would want to get one with fine teeth so I do not mess up the plastic though.
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 I am debating about ditching the tweeter in the door and maybe running active setup and move tweeters to apillar. But idk..
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 I have used regular hole saws for when I had to cut holes in my mazda 3, clean cuts every time.
islandpride684 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive. And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel. tape the area, mark hole, and drill...or if you can get a hold of a dremel, (about 40 bucks) I would just use that factory tweeter location, remove the cover, mark hole and then grind away.... I think he said the factory cover is built into the panel and cannot be removed. It doesn't look like it in the pic, you can tell by the vinyl/cloth wrap, its probably held in place probably by plastic tabs melted, can you take a pic of the rear of the factory screen cover..... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
moredbs Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 apiller and tweeters sound sweet to me.brings the music up some for better sound.
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 I have used regular hole saws for when I had to cut holes in my mazda 3, clean cuts every time. Awesome! Thanks for the help!
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive. And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel. tape the area, mark hole, and drill...or if you can get a hold of a dremel, (about 40 bucks) I would just use that factory tweeter location, remove the cover, mark hole and then grind away.... I think he said the factory cover is built into the panel and cannot be removed. It doesn't look like it in the pic, you can tell by the vinyl/cloth wrap, its probably held in place probably by plastic tabs melted, can you take a pic of the rear of the factory screen cover..... I understand what you are saying. I want to do that. But that speaker grill is built into the plastic panel. It does not just come off. I could do all the measurements, but I am really hesitant to cut into my plastic door panel. I only have a jigsaw anyway so I am not sure if I am properly equipped to make a clean cut. Only going by what he said. It probably has the melted tabs on the back like you said. Which he could grind away the tabs and take the grill off and then use epoxy or super super glue to reattach the grill.
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive. And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel. tape the area, mark hole, and drill...or if you can get a hold of a dremel, (about 40 bucks) I would just use that factory tweeter location, remove the cover, mark hole and then grind away.... I think he said the factory cover is built into the panel and cannot be removed. It doesn't look like it in the pic, you can tell by the vinyl/cloth wrap, its probably held in place probably by plastic tabs melted, can you take a pic of the rear of the factory screen cover..... I can take a pic next time I take the panel off. But I can assure you it doesn't come off. I have genuinely tried. The midrange speaker grill is the same way.
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive. And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel. tape the area, mark hole, and drill...or if you can get a hold of a dremel, (about 40 bucks) I would just use that factory tweeter location, remove the cover, mark hole and then grind away.... I think he said the factory cover is built into the panel and cannot be removed. It doesn't look like it in the pic, you can tell by the vinyl/cloth wrap, its probably held in place probably by plastic tabs melted, can you take a pic of the rear of the factory screen cover..... I understand what you are saying. I want to do that. But that speaker grill is built into the plastic panel. It does not just come off. I could do all the measurements, but I am really hesitant to cut into my plastic door panel. I only have a jigsaw anyway so I am not sure if I am properly equipped to make a clean cut. Only going by what he said. It probably has the melted tabs on the back like you said. Which he could grind away the tabs and take the grill off and then use epoxy or super super glue to reattach the grill. I am not sure if I would want to reattach the tweeter though if I cut it off.
islandpride684 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive. And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel. tape the area, mark hole, and drill...or if you can get a hold of a dremel, (about 40 bucks) I would just use that factory tweeter location, remove the cover, mark hole and then grind away.... I think he said the factory cover is built into the panel and cannot be removed. It doesn't look like it in the pic, you can tell by the vinyl/cloth wrap, its probably held in place probably by plastic tabs melted, can you take a pic of the rear of the factory screen cover..... I can take a pic next time I take the panel off. But I can assure you it doesn't come off. I have genuinely tried. The midrange speaker grill is the same way. oh there are many ways to make that happen...lol...but not a bad idea running active Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.