Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 So I bought the Crescendo Mezzo Component set found here ( store.crescendoaudio.com/mezzo-series-6-5-reference-2-way/ )and I was installing everything; speaker install was fine. But the tweeter posed some issues. I can't seem to find a suitable place to mount it. I will include pictures to explain my problem. SO, I have come to the conclusion that I either need to figure out a way to install this tweeter OR figure out the crossover point on the passive crossover and buy a tweeter with same ohm, power, and frequency response but with a shallower mounting depth. I do not know how to fiberglass so that is not an option. I tried posting pictures but no matter what I did, it kept saying saying "I do not have permission to upload this type of extension on this community." The problem persisted even when I had the url inserted as a hyperlink. I followed the thread instustions on how to use photobucket to do it too. Anyway, I would love some help and advice on what to do from here! Thanks!
SIDE SHOW Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 can you use spacers to space them out so they do fit were u want them>? are there pods/brackets available for your car?
P4killer_ Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 If the tweeter comes in a pod, a lot of them are removeable for different bezels ie:. Flush mount or surface mount. You could remove the pod all together and just mount the plain tweeter with an adhesive etc.. Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
islandpride684 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 google free pic host, upload pic, copy image link, and post here Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 can you use spacers to space them out so they do fit were u want them>? are there pods/brackets available for your car? A spacer would not help. I already have too small of a space to work with. And no pre-made pods/brackets available.
SIDE SHOW Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 were are you trying to mount them? the sunvisor?
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 If the tweeter comes in a pod, a lot of them are removeable for different bezels ie:. Flush mount or surface mount. You could remove the pod all together and just mount the plain tweeter with an adhesive etc.. The tweeter does not come in a pod. That is the issue. You cannot simply just mount it with adhesive. You would have to a cut a hole into the door and mount it like a small speaker. I could post a pic of the tweeter if it helps at all.
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 were are you trying to mount them? the sunvisor? the door
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 This is the tweeter held against the door in the groove that is where the factory tweeter was. I had a soundstream twt.2 mount here and it worked fine. It was a little lower than the opening in the panel but like half of it was visible through the grill. I would have mounted the new Crescendo tweeter here but it could not be flush mounted without cutting out a sizable hole.
SIDE SHOW Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 pic of tweeters and door....... why not mount them on the dash or a piller then? pretty sure you can mount them to the door........... might have to msg crescendo for the mounting stuff for those tweets
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.