Second Skin Audio

6th order with 2 t-line ports?

BigJsMonte330

need to mate a kicker with a funky pup, breed some chuck norris subs.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Build it, use sonotube and cut the pieces so you can slide them inside each other to alter the tuning of each side in real time as you listen, would be interesting :)

edit - Just gave myself an idea... lol! :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Btw, what you're wanting to do, doesn't exist. Do you know how a transmission line enclosure works?

I'm not being a cock, but seriously, I just checked your previous threads and they're about the same. Like do you know the benefits of a 4th order bandpass, 6th order bandpass, or Quarter wave(transmission line) enclosure? You said in a previous thread tart you have built a 4th before, but it didn't perform well. Maybe try making one that does work well before tackling something you don't appear to have much working knowledge with. I read you go from 8s in a 4th order and 70" of port, to wanting to try a 6th order T line.

A transmission line enclosure is one long, tuned port. The port area is established by your cone area ave your line length is 1/4 the resonant frequency of the driver being used.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

A 4th order, 6th order, and 8th order refer to the filters being applied to the driver and roll of slopes. All you're doing with the enclosure is enabling a mechanical filter rather than an electrical filter. You're, : actuality, adding a Xover mechanically with the box design.

If you want to learn by doing, then go ahead and TRY to build what you think is a a 6th order T-line.

Do you even have a sub purchased to experiment with? I can tell you with certainty, the idea you have will likely fail miserably. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

You made a thread trying to learn, I get that. I gave you a LOTTTT of useful information in my last replies. My questions are these:

Do you understand what a Transmission line does? A ported enclosure? A 4th order/6th order bandpass? Do you have any knowledge how any of this works?

OP i know (better then most) that Clean can sound like a jerk. but he's full of good info.

i would take time to research each box separately. they are not easy boxes to design, make, understand and they can be difficult to sound good.

its almost impossible to just tell you how to build what you want. i would start simple master it and advance.

but i know more about this then you and wouldn't even try to do a 6th tline box. id be in over my head.

i would either do a T line, or a 6th. not both.

chuck Norris sub... lmao!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage