Digital Voltage Meters

Ok so i got my mechman alternator on the way finally and i'd like to get a digital voltage meter by my stereo just so i can keep an eye on it. I'd like to mount it in the little tray that came with the stereo dash kit. Would anybody happen to know some that fit in the particular spot? I see theres all kinds of them on ebay with different colors and i'd love to get one with green numbers but im not sure if any would fit in there. I'm more than willing to modify things if needed but the closer the fit the better. If not i may have a spot near my shifter i could mount it but haven't looked into it yet. Any input or ideas would be great

L

How big is that spot? Is it the other "DIN" slot that you're talking about?

I used the:

Sure Electronics one (worked, but refreshed like every second.. I kid you not..)
Stinger (same thing.. worked, but slow refresh rate. Granted, its faster than the sure. You'll want to tint the faceplate too, as its BRIGHT)
SMD VM1 (its $$, but definitely worth it imo).

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

How big is that spot? Is it the other "DIN" slot that you're talking about?

I used the:

Sure Electronics one (worked, but refreshed like every second.. I kid you not..)

Stinger (same thing.. worked, but slow refresh rate. Granted, its faster than the sure. You'll want to tint the faceplate too, as its BRIGHT)

SMD VM1 (its $$, but definitely worth it imo).

I'd have to go measure the space, but its where you can store like 2 cd's or your ipod its a double-din radio slot but i have a single-din stereo in it right now so i have that tray or whatever you wanna call it. What do you mean by refresh rate? The one i used to have til i lost it plugged in the cig lighter spot and showed constant voltage as it moved up and down

L

Digital meters sample slow.... You could be missing out on dips in voltage because of the lag.

IMO the SMD VM-1 is the best meter if you want to see what your voltage is doing real time. That, and it gives accurate readings.

I just found it on Droppinhz ebay page for 79.79 so i'm just going to grab it from them. Its a little bigger than i want but being SMD im sure its probably the best quality im going to find so i'll do some fiberglassing in my center console to make it fit nicely. And i'll post pics when i do my build log this winter. Thanks man

L

Archived