Just a quick post holidays update, Happy New Years!
I got myself a few tools for Christmas. My favorite of them being a DD-1! The SAZ-2500 is now safely setup.
Anyone local, for whom I had previously done an install, i offered a free tune up on their amp gains with my new tool :) . I'm on my phone just now but I'll post a couple pics when I get on my Computer.
I love the confidence I have that I'm not harming the woofer or amp now. I actually noticed I slight improvement in how well my voltage holds up after using the dd-1. Even better, my system actually sounds cleaner and better to my ears now because I had to turn off all the extra PRS EQ features (some of which I didn't even realize were on) when I used the DD-1 and now that the signal isn't getting artificially modified (mostly boosted) by the EQ features I really feel like it barely needs any tweaking. I've honestly been listening to a flat EQ and some of my favorite songs sound way better.
Exciting stuff and hopefully more on the way soon!
As always feedback, opinions, concerns, and questions are welcome!

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.

Love mini Cooper s favorite lil car. Looking good

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Like I said, I'll change the screws and put them under the gasket. I wanted to originally but the gasket is very stiff and the bolt heads are far from fitting through the holes it. I'll have to get a screw driver and gets some leverage to pry it out of the way. But as is there is no leaking and the screws are very tight whether they look it or not. But i'm not arguing the point as i'm changing them anyway. Thanks for the help. :) Any other pointers?

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.

I can't offer much help on the current setup, but I can tell you my experience with my 2010 R56 Mini. I ran an Obsidian 12D4 with a Audiopipe AP-1800D1 at 2 ohm, box was 1.75 cubes tuned to 35 hz, I think port was something like 3" x 7". I built it to fit in the hatch just like yours but I tapered the front to match the angle of the rear seatback. The sub faced forward, port was on the top driver's side of the box and was L-shaped to get enough length. Amp screwed into the top of the box, sat just below the top of the rear seat. I loved the way it sounded, plenty of output in such a small cabin. Rolling down the windows an inch or two each seemed to make it just a touch louder. If you still don't get the output you want with a larger port and larger box, you might consider going with a 12" sub. I don't have any numbers to compare, but that cheap Obsidian / AudioPipe combo in that car seemed louder than several dual 12 or single 15 setups that I have owned previously.

• 2 years later...

Archived