Second Skin Audio

any vic owners out there...need some box info

fordbassmaker95

ok I am building a box for 3 15s to go in a 95 crown vic. I want to have it in the "dip" in the middle of the trunk. I think it measures 30x45 or something close but my question is if I built it 25x43x22 would that be big enough to fit them all facing up in a somewhat triangle arrangement?? and also I wanted to go ported..maybe around 32-34 hertz.. how would I go about getting the port right??? any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! stumped!!! need help!! thanks

that puts you around 11cubes net not including port. it seems like it could be done. i Would do 2 really good 15s with 4.5 cubes each then 2 8inch aero ports. that would be about.your 11 cubes.

plus 3 subs have weird ohm loads. just my 2 cents. seems possible tho. make sure the box can fit tho. just because you have room in the trunk doesn't mean it can go In the trunk

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

that puts you around 11cubes net not including port. it seems like it could be done. i Would do 2 really good 15s with 4.5 cubes each then 2 8inch aero ports. that would be about.your 11 cubes.

plus 3 subs have weird ohm loads. just my 2 cents. seems possible tho. make sure the box can fit tho. just because you have room in the trunk doesn't mean it can go In the trunk

thanks.. I appreciate all inputs I'm new to the bass world n the reason I wanted to do 3 was I ran across a deal for 3 power acoustik p2-15 sub for a 100 bucks(new) n I said what the heck n I've tried a cutout of a bottom piece just to see if it would fit.. very tight but it did n what do you think about the subs??? N what if I ran them sealed would it still sound good?? I mostly listen to rap n R&B but i also want it loud sorry for the babble.. also by what would u recommend I do with these subs??

um you could go sealed. i like really big sealed boxes. they can play low. but with those subs you don't need as much air space as some of the subs i was.thinking about. they Would do fine in 3 cubes each. and one 8inch or 2 6inch Ports would be ok.

but 3 15s for $100 id give it a shot.

the only thing i worry about is ohm load.

what configuration are they? dual 2 or 4ohm?

hell they could be single vc for all i know

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

um you could go sealed. i like really big sealed boxes. they can play low. but with those subs you don't need as much air space as some of the subs i was.thinking about. they Would do fine in 3 cubes each. and one 8inch or 2 6inch Ports would be ok.

but 3 15s for $100 id give it a shot.

so if I did the 3 cubes each what would the dimensions be and where should I place the ports and I've seen others use pvc would that be sufficient and any ideas about a amp to push em??? sorry bout all the ????

just checked, they call for 4 cubes each with 29mm of xmax with 700w rms so a lil better then what i was thinking. also they are dual voice coil subs. so if there 4ohm you can run a 2ohm load, and if there dual 2ohm you can do a 1ohm load.

so if you have at least a decent 1500w amp it's worth a shot.

your box will be a Lil small but still worth it.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff