Subwoofer Stokes Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 Getting a basket and recone custom made to match up to my Fi Q motor. It will be a 24" sub once i put it all together. My question is what type of box should i build for a single 24" sub? I have a 97 c1500 ext cab with the rear seat removed so i have a little room to play with. What would you do? Regular ported? What type of sub/ port placement? <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Noel989 Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 Why did you decide to go with a 24" sub? Do you have any specs on it? Besides 24" It's a custom sub so it'll be pretty much trial and error Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
n8ball2013 Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 youre looking st like 12 cubes for thst one woofer. with 12 cubes you could have done like 12 10s. I think I would have picked a beefier motor for that big of a cone too THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Subwoofer Stokes Posted December 22, 2014 Author Report Posted December 22, 2014 Well i already have a Q motor. I would have liked to go with sp4 or team motors but i dont have cash for that right now. And im not interested in 12 10s. I personally dont too much like anything smaller than 15s. But what about the box for what i am going with? <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
n8ball2013 Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 no one can even begin tonhelp you with that. its a one off woofer. youre taking parts that were never meant to be united and doing just that. you can look at box specs for an 18q and factor in the difference in cone area and all that and maybe get something thst works. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Subwoofer Stokes Posted December 22, 2014 Author Report Posted December 22, 2014 Well i did have a q18 before. I just thought maybe someone knew something about boxes on here. Like damn bro you cant give me any advice on what box you might would go with first? I didnt ask for the best possible box. I know itll be mostly trial and error. Im just trying to get ideas bro <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Guest Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 I just thought maybe someone knew something about boxes on here. Like damn bro you cant give me any advice on what box you might would go with first? I didnt ask for the best possible box.
n8ball2013 Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 no actually I cant. I domt know anything besides youre building a one off 24 inch woofer with a low power motor. I dont know the mms of the woofer or anything to determine how it would respond. just because it sounds like a cool idea doesnt mean its going to pan out to be one. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Subwoofer Stokes Posted December 22, 2014 Author Report Posted December 22, 2014 Okay fuck it. Itll never work <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Noel989 Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 I just thought maybe someone knew something about boxes on here. Like damn bro you cant give me any advice on what box you might would go with first? I didnt ask for the best possible box. Is this from George of the jungle? Cause now I want to watch it lol Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.