Ricky Reboot Dean Posted December 25, 2014 Report Posted December 25, 2014 So I have tuned my sub to 40Hz using ear and I have a good ear. I have set it just before distortion and same with the Low Pass. I have gone over numerous sites and they all say use 40hz. But when I am jamming to music (rock/rap/EDM/Decaf) on any note around 30hz it clips yet it won't clip on a 5Hz -25hz note. I am wondering what your help would be. Gain is set right 0 bass boost and Low Pass is around 60hz. Any help would be fine. Sub is not blown.-Other Info-Sub - 12" Alpine Type E single 4 ohm coil (750 watt rated)Amp - Pioneer GM-D7400M (800 watt rated @ 4 ohms) Box - Kicker Pre-fab box (roughly 40hz tune)At a 12V power supply.
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 25, 2014 Report Posted December 25, 2014 Get an o scope or borrow and set your gains the proper way. I set my gains with a dd-1 using a 40 hz test tone -5db track for my bass amp and I have no clipping.
Ricky Reboot Dean Posted December 25, 2014 Author Report Posted December 25, 2014 Get an o scope or borrow and set your gains the proper way. I set my gains with a dd-1 using a 40 hz test tone -5db track for my bass amp and I have no clipping. Will look into it.
MrSkippyJ Posted December 25, 2014 Report Posted December 25, 2014 How do you know it's clipping? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Ricky Reboot Dean Posted December 27, 2014 Author Report Posted December 27, 2014 How do you know it's clipping? I don't which is why it is clipping/turning off. I am not hearing clipping, it just hits a note and shuts off.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.