Second Skin Audio

Opinion/Advice on first box design

I thought required port area was based on box size rather than the sub?

Nope, it's based on Xmax, desired tuning frequency and cone area. Port area has nothing to do with box size. 2 12s in a 4 cube box need the same amount of port AREA, as 2 12s in a 5 cube box.

Dude awesome! I've always heard it's based on box size which honestly didn't make sense to me. Im so glad you've cleared this up for me!!

Nope, it's based on Xmax, desired tuning frequency and cone area. Port area has nothing to do with box size. 2 12s in a 4 cube box need the same amount of port AREA, as 2 12s in a 5 cube box.

Dude awesome! I've always heard it's based on box size which honestly didn't make sense to me. Im so glad you've cleared this up for me!!

You will be the first guy to state that port area per cube didn't make sense. Can't tell you how awesome that is too.

You will be the first guy to state that port area per cube didn't make sense. Can't tell you how awesome that is too.

Can't tell if you are being sacastic or not.

So since people in this thread seem to know what they're talking about...Let's say someone wanted to face two subs and the port foreward firing into the cabin. Then they wanted to seal them off from the trunk so wouldn't have any trunk rattle. If there's not enough room directly behind the seat for the subs to face directly foreward, is it possible to tilt the top of the sub backwards slightly, and slight tilt the subs toward the center of the car so they would be slighty facing eachother.

Are there any downsides to this? Basicly does the direction the subs face matter at all in the way they sound?

The sound should be fine no matter the angle as long as you are not loading into the port

Im not sure Im familiar with that term...could you enlighten me?

Archived