Second Skin Audio

Can a slot port be on an angled face?

B-Large

I am not happy with my previous box design fitment and am attempting to design a better fitting enclosure for sealing off from the trunk. The angled face will help with fitment and ease of sealing off. Just not so sure this can work. I tried to do some searching and found nothing similar. That being said I'm assuming this is not proper design and the vent length would not be accurate. What do you think?

Angledslotport_zps040e514d.png

Sorry youre right it is not exactly what youre design is but its the same idea

Mtx made the port on these go completely across the back of the box so there were no turns

Best way to have a simple big port unless your depth is huge.

I understand you intend to seal off so you want subs and port forward but Im just saying angled ported boxes and even angled ports are fine

The ports on those prefabs are triangle shaped, you can see it comes to a point at the top.

Sorry youre right it is not exactly what youre design is but its the same idea

Mtx made the port on these go completely across the back of the box so there were no turns

Best way to have a simple big port unless your depth is huge.

I understand you intend to seal off so you want subs and port forward but Im just saying angled ported boxes and even angled ports are fine

The ports on those prefabs are triangle shaped, you can see it comes to a point at the top.

Your input is appreciated. Apologies if i came off negative. The plan is to build the box as shown then attach a second baffle that matches my trunk opening once inside the car. I guess I will keep going with this design style and see how it turns out.

I didnt notice the inside of the angled port.

which isnt needed if you measure down the middle of the port for the length.

otherwise you could do the matched angles on both ends too for the length.

So just to be clear leave it as is with matching angles at port entrance and exit, or straight on port entrance measuring length only at center height of port.

Archived