Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help on enclosure decision


Cj Kumz

Recommended Posts

Posted

Happy New Year people. I'm working on a build but need some advice. I have 6-6.5 cube after displacement and I want over 300sq inches cone area but I'm debating between three 12s or two 15s. Subs will be SQ HDS3s with 4000rms of power.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Dimensions?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

24H x 34W x 20D. Its a hatchback. So the debate is 15s (more cone area in small box) or 12s (less cone area in proper box)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Also port placement might be an issue with these dimensions lol.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Do 3 12s. More motor force and ability for a proper enclosure(from what you mentioned).

Thanks. Any idea on how I can place the subs and port with those dimensions.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Ok that would work. How would subs back and port up sound. Ever heard such a setup lol?

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

I've seen all sorts of orientations. Some work, some don't. Without knowing or being there, I can't really tell you with confidence that it would work with that orientation. Try it and see?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I see what you're getting at I think though. You're worried about choking the port too close to the rear of the vehicle?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3114 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...