stealth box for my garage system

I was thinking of using an old refrigerator as an enclosure for my garage system. I'd like it to be ported, either out of the freezer location or some other location.

I was also thinking of getting my hands on some old traffic lights, then replacing the lights with whichever speakers I choose.

The sub in the fridge will probably be a tc sounds epic 8, I've used the epic 12s before and I loved them

I haven't decided on The mids and highs yet...

What do you guys think? Is this possible? Any suggestions on what equipment I should use for this build?

Sounds like a neat project

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Sounds like a cool idea (get it), but I think it'd be kind of iffy cutting into a fridge with all the tetrafluoroethane gas in there.

Also, where will you store your beer?

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

I have no need for a keg holder lol.

I thought about the same thing when it came to cutting into the fridge... I considered just building the box inside the fridge compartment and removing the entire freezer door and utilizing that as the port section, only cuts will be the port section from fridge to freezer. Then dress up the freezer section so it doesn't actually look like a port and just looks more like a busted fridge... retaining the stealth look.. I'm completely open to suggestions though

As far as the beer goes... If I can manage to only use the top portion of the fridge for my enclosure, and the fridge can remain operable after my build, then I can still utilize the bottom portion of the large fridge compartment for my beer. In theory anyway.. I don't know how the cutting of the fridge for my port will effect the functionality of the fridge itself.. I'm no expert when it comes to them lol. This is all just theory and still in the planning/dreaming portion.

The traffic light situation should be much easier to accomplish though.. as long as I'm able to hollow out the inside of it do I can utilize it as a form of a tower so to speak..Only issue I see there is if I'm able to hollow them out, whether I should build them separate compartments or a single shared one inside the traffic light housing..

Regardless I thought this was a cool idea and I can't find any info on a build life this so I'm forced to ask questions and hopefully get the desired information/tips I need in order to get it done

Archived