Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

need some help with box design and tuning


dpeebs

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 3 8" JL Audio W7s im planning on putting them in my ranger. i want to start building door panels and a sub box. for high and mids i will be running my old gear out of my explorer. its consists of kicker zx350.4, infinity Kappa 60.9 components (x4- 1 sets in each door) and a kenwood multimedia deck (cant remember model but has 3 4v preouts). On jls website the recommend sealed boxes, but i prefer ported and they say that ported the subs should be tunes to 34hz but personally i like tuning to 30-32hz. I will be running them off a pioneer gm9601 which is 1200 rms at 1 ohm. I will be getting a 2k when cash frees up i'm just using gear I have already. Iv also heard that the 8s sound best in a T line box but i don't think i have enough space and was kinda thinking a 4th order box but not sure if i would have enough room. As per JLs website they say that the subs need 1 cubic foot each which seems pretty big for such a small sub. thanks in advance

Posted

So what's your question?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

need help on tuning and a proper box design. the question was in the thread title. Im just not sure if I should go off jls website of just try my own way. I don't care if its the loudest I just want decent sound and to be able to pound from time to time when I really want to whale my system

Posted

They say 1.75 net @ 32Hz in the manual (for the AE version), those are known to work better in larger than recommended boxes, 2-2.25 net @ 32-33Hz would be nice, for an all out loud setup you will be recommended even larger boxes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 387 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...