help choosing alt

ok I have a 95 crown vic lx running 3 15s wired to 2 ohms or whatever it comes out to be..2 runs of 0 gauge cca with a p acoustik lfa 5500(i kno it's a beginner budget) I plan on running it everyday (work and back) mainly music

oh n I have two yellow tops

for that?

you will need 4 alts... and around 1100 amp hour in bats...

:)

Nah he just needs a capacitor. My buddy has one on a dc audio 10k. On 10 boss phantom 12s.

ok I have a 95 crown vic lx running 3 15s wired to 2 ohms or whatever it comes out to be..2 runs of 0 gauge cca with a p acoustik lfa 5500(i kno it's a beginner budget) I plan on running it everyday (work and back) mainly music

oh n I have two yellow tops

for that?

you will need 4 alts... and around 1100 amp hour in bats...

:)

seriously 4 alts?? what can I expect out of at least a 200-250 amp alt and my 2 yellowtops

You would be better off buying a stock alternator and upgrade the quality of your amplifier. A quality high output alternator is going to cost you 500+ dollars. Don't buy one off eBay unless you don't mind if your car catches on fire.

I'm going to take a guess here and assume you will eventually want to upgrade to a real 3500+ watt amp in the future.

I'd that's the plan go with a 200-250 out bigger.

For the post about caps

We do have members on here running caps just fine. Once of which I think had a stock alt and something like 5k + going to his subs.

Cassius work, when done correctly

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

It took me about 6 months to get up the money for my alternator. If you want a good one, I'd get a quote from Mechman, Singer Alternator, or DC Power Alternators and see what they can get you. I would still suggest just getting a stock alternator to get your daily driver up and going for the time being. It took me about 6 weeks to get mine after ordering it and sometimes it can take longer depending on the demand.

I'm going to take a guess here and assume you will eventually want to upgrade to a real 3500+ watt amp in the future.

For the post about caps

We do have members on here running caps just fine. Once of which I think had a stock alt and something like 5k + going to his subs.

he was being sarcastic about the caps,soon as i seen boss phantom 12s i knew it. But super caps (maxwell) yes! if you know what your doing.

For the post about caps

he was being sarcastic about the caps,soon as i seen boss phantom 12s i knew it. But super caps (maxwell) yes! if you know what your doing.

Actually, just a 1 FARAD cap seemed to do pretty well in this test:

For the post about caps

Actually, just a 1 FARAD cap seemed to do pretty well in this test:

yeah right! a cap on a dc 10k was sarcastic! this is a rockford 2500,i ran one of these amps, and i would have never used one of those caps. i got an alternator to go with some extra batteries.

Archived