rsxguy Posted January 6, 2015 Report Posted January 6, 2015 I only have my phone right now and need some help designing a box for an ascendant audio chaos 10 it will be on a skar lp1000.1 at 1 ohm so it will be getting 1000 rms my max dimensions I want to use are 13"h 20" w 30d I want it to be ported thanks in advance
EP95 Posted January 6, 2015 Report Posted January 6, 2015 Here's something I through together real quick. I'm new to designing so i'd wait for input from Joe X or Tricum.
rsxguy Posted January 6, 2015 Author Report Posted January 6, 2015 That seems kinda big for 10 Edit: the net volume that is
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 6, 2015 Report Posted January 6, 2015 I'd recommend more port area. Something around 22 sq in. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/8", figure is just an assembly guide:NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
rsxguy Posted January 7, 2015 Author Report Posted January 7, 2015 Thanks guys I should be building soon and im going to try to actually put up a build log this time
Joe X Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 Thanks guys I should be building soon and im going to try to actually put up a build log this time Since your request was so brief I just want to add that low to medium power single 10" daily setups do not break windows, do hairtricks or anything like that, basically you will get some low end to complement your front stage, if this is only what you want go ahead, if you want more consider a different setup before cutting any wood.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.