Guest Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 I drive a 2003 Highlander, I am going to run a relay for the amps in the back using the remote wire from my head unit. But my concern is for my voltage meter. I could run the wires front the voltmeter allll the way to the back where the relay is located, but if I can access the ignition wire in the engine bay or something I would rather do that. Any suggestions? I am not 100% sure what I am looking for.
Miguels Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 you want to meter voltage at the amp.. yes you can run the wire from the back to front no problem my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Guest Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 you want to meter voltage at the amp.. yes you can run the wire from the back to front no problem shouldn't the voltage be the same no matter where it is tested? Isn't that the whole point of a closed circuit?
Miguels Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 no it not the same.. my cigarette lighter says im at 12.8 and im really at 13.8 at the battery.. you want to protect the amp so you would wire it to the amp.. the remote wire on the meter is just to turn it on. the led wire is what tells you the voltage my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 You get voltage drop from the resistance of the wire. I'd rather know what voltage my amps are seeing than some wire in the front of the car. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.