Idea for home build. Need help on some things.

...you've got to be kidding me. Kid, do yourself a favor and listen to Trit...

Also I am guessing if you already have a boss sub and you "like how it sounds" then you're deaf. And realistically you only care about how loud the sub can get.

If you have run those other brands you would be able to tell the difference between a sub that is quality and one thats made like shit. Boss makes their money off people too ignorant to know the difference between a sub with plastic chrome on it and one that is actually made to reproduce music/sound. The problem is a lot of manufacturers that I am seeing are running subs that are strong but not very good on music, i.e. more geared for pure SPL which means it really doesn't matter how they sound as long as they can get someone a higher score on the meter. This makes no sense to me really...a sub has to reproduce music, the best subs can do with with accuracy and have a huge output as well.

Check out Stereo Integrity subs (a sundown affiliate I believe). Good construction, they can get low and are made well. Also you won't break the bank. Dayton Audio subs are great and affordable.

Go on partsexpress and madisound...maybe Solen. For the $44 you paid for that sub or those subs you could get a decent pro audio sub or spend $20 more and get something quality and it would sound 1 million times better.

And you can't run a subwoofer that has a frequency response of 20-250Hz MAX at full range....to reproduce something other than bass that driver would have to be able to go from say 30Hz-20,000Hz and its not physically capable of doing that. Period.

You say you've done research but I call bullshit. You can take the advice people are giving you or be stubborn but from all your responses you haven't done the research that you need to, to understand what you need.

Boss audio sounds good. I know good sound. I am not looking for an SPL sub. Boss audio is good quality. I have 10" clarions in the towers right now. They sound just as good as the Boss Audio 10". And a sub that plays full range as a driver sounds good. The Clarion are playing the same as the original driver in the towers when I bought them. Sure there are many better brands then Boss Audio and people don't like them cause the way they are built. I like Boss audio. I have heard a great amount of their products. They overestimate the power rating but they sound good. I want to give them a try at a full system. I have looked into other parts and pieces from different brands but I want to give Boss Audio a try. I could do the safe route and go with a high-end product and know how it will sound regardless of what I do but, I want to try one that isn't talked about all that much or, isn't around like normal products. I am going to try Boss Audio, you can throw thousands of brands at me, with prices a fraction of the cost, but I am still going to try Boss Audio, if in the end it all turns out to be garbage it will meet Wally the Wall Socket, until then, I am going to give them a try.

And a sub that plays full range as a driver sounds good

...you've got to be kidding me. Kid, do yourself a favor and listen to Trit...

Also I am guessing if you already have a boss sub and you "like how it sounds" then you're deaf. And realistically you only care about how loud the sub can get.

If you have run those other brands you would be able to tell the difference between a sub that is quality and one thats made like shit. Boss makes their money off people too ignorant to know the difference between a sub with plastic chrome on it and one that is actually made to reproduce music/sound. The problem is a lot of manufacturers that I am seeing are running subs that are strong but not very good on music, i.e. more geared for pure SPL which means it really doesn't matter how they sound as long as they can get someone a higher score on the meter. This makes no sense to me really...a sub has to reproduce music, the best subs can do with with accuracy and have a huge output as well.

Check out Stereo Integrity subs (a sundown affiliate I believe). Good construction, they can get low and are made well. Also you won't break the bank. Dayton Audio subs are great and affordable.

Go on partsexpress and madisound...maybe Solen. For the $44 you paid for that sub or those subs you could get a decent pro audio sub or spend $20 more and get something quality and it would sound 1 million times better.

And you can't run a subwoofer that has a frequency response of 20-250Hz MAX at full range....to reproduce something other than bass that driver would have to be able to go from say 30Hz-20,000Hz and its not physically capable of doing that. Period.

You say you've done research but I call bullshit. You can take the advice people are giving you or be stubborn but from all your responses you haven't done the research that you need to, to understand what you need.

Boss audio sounds good. I know good sound. I am not looking for an SPL sub. Boss audio is good quality. I have 10" clarions in the towers right now. They sound just as good as the Boss Audio 10". And a sub that plays full range as a driver sounds good. The Clarion are playing the same as the original driver in the towers when I bought them. Sure there are many better brands then Boss Audio and people don't like them cause the way they are built. I like Boss audio. I have heard a great amount of their products. They overestimate the power rating but they sound good. I want to give them a try at a full system. I have looked into other parts and pieces from different brands but I want to give Boss Audio a try. I could do the safe route and go with a high-end product and know how it will sound regardless of what I do but, I want to try one that isn't talked about all that much or, isn't around like normal products. I am going to try Boss Audio, you can throw thousands of brands at me, with prices a fraction of the cost, but I am still going to try Boss Audio, if in the end it all turns out to be garbage it will meet Wally the Wall Socket, until then, I am going to give them a try.

Dude you are missing the point. Those drivers can only play 20Hz to 2khz MAX....they most likely can only play 50hz to 300hz. So that means you CAN'T physically play fullrange or 20hz to 20khz. And thats coming from BOSS. The clarions can't do it either. Whats happening I would guess is that you are leaving the crossover off them and then every time a note above 300hz is played into those drivers it will either a) not reproduce it or B) distort the sound.

So no you can't play a sub at fullrange. I am not trying to be a dick I am saying that you don't understand what the drivers are actually doing, what they can do and what frequency response is.

Without those pieces you can't really build a home speaker setup unless you go with a kit thats already spec'd out for you.

You want to use the BOSS subs cool fine, just realize to get a good sounding setup you are going to need a Mid woofer and tweeter and a 3-way crossover.

if in the end it all turns out to be garbage it will meet Wally the Wall Socket

Tuned in for the wall socket!

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Archived