db_speakerbox Posted January 22, 2015 Author Report Posted January 22, 2015 Nice, Flat response! I hope I get to hear this at LST! Thanks! It has a slight peak at 27hz (wall) and 41hz (cabin). I don't know if I can make LST, isnt that soon?
juan777 Posted January 22, 2015 Report Posted January 22, 2015 Nice, Flat response! I hope I get to hear this at LST! Thanks! It has a slight peak at 27hz (wall) and 41hz (cabin). I don't know if I can make LST, isnt that soon? Feb 20-22 The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
db_speakerbox Posted January 22, 2015 Author Report Posted January 22, 2015 I doubt I could make that. It is 1000 miles from here and that is a month away. I might be at scrapin the coast this year if you are going to that. What is the biggest tx show of the year?
khinds94 Posted January 22, 2015 Report Posted January 22, 2015 I really like this build. Even more the flat response you have. I bet those SHDs will change the response a bit, nice job on the box too 03 Sable LS AA mayhem 12" D2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1 Tantric HD 12" D2 Tantric SHD 12" D1 Sundown X12 V2 D2 2.5 cu net Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm XS Power XP2000 Sky High Sound Deadener Sky High wire Stock alt
juan777 Posted January 22, 2015 Report Posted January 22, 2015 I doubt I could make that. It is 1000 miles from here and that is a month away. I might be at scrapin the coast this year if you are going to that. What is the biggest tx show of the year? Heatwave or Turkey Drag Turkey Drag is more basshead friendly I think. And cheaper. The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
db_speakerbox Posted January 25, 2015 Author Report Posted January 25, 2015 More testing was done. Still not sealed off, and it was worse than I thought. Down the sides isn't bad but at the bottom between the boxes around the wheel wheels are still open while we are running cables. Had shoved blankets in there to help seal it off and thought it was doing an ok job but the back window is violent when doing demos so I guess there is a fair amount of pressure being lost. The roof is beyond done now. We used square stock steel to make a frame. Notched it around the body and welded it in. The sheet metal is super thin at the top so just used epoxy there. Drilled a couple small holes in each tube and filled with foam to make even more rigid and try to prevent any resonance in the tubing.
juan777 Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 I like me some steel roof The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
db_speakerbox Posted January 25, 2015 Author Report Posted January 25, 2015 Here is a little more detailed otf a pic. You can see how it is notched, welded and then epoxy. Also has a little shot of foam above it. Used a 5/8 roundover to clear the welds and bolted the first piece on. Then shot foam between the wood, frame and roof.
db_speakerbox Posted January 25, 2015 Author Report Posted January 25, 2015 I wasn't going to post any scores yet since there is quite a bit of things left to do. But, I like to test as I go to make sure everything is going in the right direction and to see how changes effect things good, bad or indifferent. I'll share just so you know a base line. Hopefully it's all up from here. Not sealed off Broke roof Quick external port 2 sp4's in there now with 3rd hole blocked off ~3k power 151.7 at the headrest 27hz
juan777 Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 I wasn't going to post any scores yet since there is quite a bit of things left to do. But, I like to test as I go to make sure everything is going in the right direction and to see how changes effect things good, bad or indifferent. I'll share just so you know a base line. Hopefully it's all up from here. Not sealed off Broke roof Quick external port 2 sp4's in there now with 3rd hole blocked off ~3k power 151.7 at the headrest 27hz Temp setup for the win! No worries dude my shit is temp and I tell people every time I demo, they think it's loud now so hopefully it gets louder after rebuild! The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.