db_speakerbox Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 New to the forum. A few people have bugged me about making build logs and this forum seems to have the best build logs that I have found. I love wood working and building things and have acquired some nice tools along the way to make life easier and have better results. I am by no means a master builder or designer. I love to try new things, even if it is against the grain. I'm not afraid to fail, I often learn more that way than success lol.Enough about me, I know you guys are all about the pics. The build isn't done, but have some catching up to do.Equipment:3 Tantric SHD 18sTaramps 8kPioneer 80PRSOrion XTR 1200.44 Pioneer Pro series 8 midbass2 Pioneer Pro series tweeters10 cubes sealed 28 portedStart of the floorGot this cool little tool for making templates. Works well for small areas. Sure beats cardboard.Just did a simple box over the wheel wells. The floor is 3 layers thick except for behind the back wall. Everything is Fasco epoxied directly to the steel.First side wall is up. Double layer and everything kreg jigged together with Fasco.
ToNasty Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 i hope youre adding another amp ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
boom50cal Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 tantric taramps nuthugging activated. tuned in. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Kyblack76 Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 looks built as hell... nice.... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
db_speakerbox Posted January 13, 2015 Author Report Posted January 13, 2015 Moving right along. Both side walls are up. Its hard to see the 2nd layer because the outside layer is painted black so you cant see it thru the windows. I wish the walls just magically go up like they do in pics. Test fit of the first layer of baffle. Was not fun getting this in and out since it was so big and fit tight. Had to throw this in. Long hours at work and longer hours building starts to catch up. Wish there was more time to work on it, but limited to weekend work only.
Kyblack76 Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 I know those feels... i was caught more than twice passed out when i was trying to build..... i like...... keep going man...... keep going.. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
db_speakerbox Posted January 13, 2015 Author Report Posted January 13, 2015 You guys are fast lol. Thanks for the support. And yes more power will be added. BTW, the pics seem kinda big. I can see if I can size them down a bit if needed. Not sure what the forum rules are or what people like. Baffle is made. 4 layers thick and rounded over for some extra clearance on the surround since they will be invert mounted. Layers are epoxied together and have a box of #14 3" spax screws holding it together. Its like a rock. As well as it should be. Also painted with Valspar Ultra white. I don't even remember how many coats of paint and sanding there was. Feels like a lot lol. It is pretty shiny, hard to see in the pic. Turned out pretty decent for a roller job I think. Baffle is in! Took almost an hour to get it in there. Had to use a rubber mallet and tap around the edges to walk it in. And yes, even painted the sealed section that noone will ever see. I know its there, Im just OCD like that I guess. More to come.
db_speakerbox Posted January 13, 2015 Author Report Posted January 13, 2015 Few last thoughts for the night. Those blue hawk saw horses are terrible. The bottom pieces that clip together to lock in place promptly broke the first weekend. Thats what I get for cheaping out I guess. Next on the list is getting some decent ones. I cant say enough good things about Fasco epoxy. It is a 2 part deal that you can get in qt or gallan pails. It will stick anything to anything and hardens like concrete. It is a little spendy but since I started using it, thats all I use. On giant panels that are double layered those either got wood glue or PL. It is just way too much surface to coat in epoxy. Might be kinda hard to see in pics, but if you notice that when I double layer I offset the pieces in a z shape. It seems to be stronger than just layering them up against each other. Any questions just ask. No black magic or secrets here. My hopes are that maybe an idea or two may help someone out in their project. I know I have learned a lot at shows looking at other peoples build.
hdorre Posted January 13, 2015 Report Posted January 13, 2015 caught my interest On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.