Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Major PORT NOISE


vitochelopez

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a massive audio summo 6.5. They recommend a box of 0.25 and a round port of 1.5x6.I put in a port of that dimensions but on an 90 degree angle? and have ugly port noise? And that would make sub at 67 - 70 hz they say. I am not sure if round ports can even be on an angle or they must be straight?

Posted

pic of the box would be helpful

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Posted

You ported your door or the speaker has its own enclosure that is ported?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Box is made inside door and Port comes to door panel so a whole is cut in door panel to release air. But even when door is off I get lots of Port noise. If I put a bigger Port it changes frequency way too much and high. How much will flaring Port change it? Not much?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2854 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...