warhead052 Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 I have two rockford fosgate P210S4's, and a rockford fosgate prime r500-1. I'm trying to figure out what box specs and the math to get as loud as possible and move the most amount of air while having the best sound possible. So far after like 3 boxes and a good $200 on wood it feels like an impossible trifecta. I've tried a 3cube box tuned at 40 while playing decaf at 25hz and that didn't work, 4.5cubes with a 35hz port and it played alright but didn't play loudly. The best set up I've had was a prefab, 3 cubes with a tiny ass port, like 3 inches wide by 10 inches long and it gets loud as hell, but has a lottt of port noise. So, does anyone have any input that might help me out?
MrSkippyJ Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 2 10s? those sound like the boxes you have built are way too big. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
warhead052 Posted January 16, 2015 Author Report Posted January 16, 2015 Recommended ported volume is around 1.25-1.50cubes so they should be in the right ranges... I don't know the effects of building smaller than the recommendations so I don't wanna risk it just yet.
MrSkippyJ Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 so your range based on recommended is 2.5-3 cubes. the smallest you built was 3 cubes. I did read that wrong, I thought they were all 4-4.5. but still, you are building them all on the larger side of recommended, or way to big (4.5) F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
warhead052 Posted January 16, 2015 Author Report Posted January 16, 2015 The 4.5 was mostly because I had messed up calculations and already had it glued together. I guess my question would be, how should I build the next box? Sub placement, port placement, port size and length. I have the prefab box set up pointing to the rear of the car with the seats folded down and the rear of the box flush against the cutout from the cab to the trunk. Should I go for a sub up with a big port firing into the cab sealed off from trunk or keep doing what I'm doing but with a different box?
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 You are more likely to get in trouble with an oversize box than an undersized one. What vehicle is this going in? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
warhead052 Posted January 16, 2015 Author Report Posted January 16, 2015 98 Chevy malibu. Why does the oversize cause more trouble? (still fairly new to boxes, better with electrical)
99blazer Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 what's your dimensions and how much power you putting to them. and in cars you don't want to do subs up (imo) 08 Ford F150
warhead052 Posted January 16, 2015 Author Report Posted January 16, 2015 I can't remember off the top of my head for the dimensions, as for power its roughly 600w +/- a few watts @ 2ohms (as per the birthsheet for the amp)
99blazer Posted January 16, 2015 Report Posted January 16, 2015 you plan on using aeros or sloted? 08 Ford F150
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.