Second Skin Audio

Will it fit

According to AMI CUSTOMS, a HDC418 only needs 5.5FT³ if you can provide 4K power.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187809-hdc3-hdc4-optimum-enclosure-size/

I didn't know those could even do 4k. I guess with the right box and power handling, anything is possible.

Big difference between the earlier focus hatches and the new.

The new

18.5" h

35" width

21" bottom depth

? Top depth ? Seat slants some and the back of the car has a slant. Maybe 16-17" top depth.

The older hatches

40" wide

20" h

30" bottom depth

17" top depth.

Look into what size alts are available for your car first imo. You want hair tricks from the hatch. You need power and cone area with higher xmax subs.

If you can only get say a 170 amp alt y you will need a good amount of battery support. If you can get a 370 amp alt you will need less batteries.

Imo with that small space and I'm fairly crown limited to a 200-230 all alt at most you won't manage a hair trick with a back seat.

The limited space means less cone area, less batteries, and a less efficient box w which means you need more power. In return of needing more power you need more batts meaning more space you use up.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

The new

18.5" h

35" width

21" bottom depth

? Top depth ? Seat slants some and the back of the car has a slant. Maybe 16-17" top depth.

The older hatches

40" wide

20" h

30" bottom depth

17" top depth.

Look into what size alts are available for your car first imo. You want hair tricks from the hatch. You need power and cone area with higher xmax subs.

If you can only get say a 170 amp alt y you will need a good amount of battery support. If you can get a 370 amp alt you will need less batteries.

Imo with that small space and I'm fairly crown limited to a 200-230 all alt at most you won't manage a hair trick with a back seat.

The limited space means less cone area, less batteries, and a less efficient box w which means you need more power. In return of needing more power you need more batts meaning more space you use up.

I will probably just put the backseats down then since it would work better.

The new

18.5" h

35" width

21" bottom depth

The older hatches

40" wide

20" h

30" bottom depth

17" top depth.

also bro I gave some leeway in there for mistakes

Archived