Increasing rpm at idle

change the pulley on the crank.. or get better belt wrap.. your car will run like shit and you will use up lots of fuel.. if the belt is tight enough and slips then its not tight enough or you need a new tensioner. people always fail to replace one and usually are always the cause of slip or whining belt.. even if the tensioner is new a few belt replacements will render that tensioner useless. i put new belt on my car and helped with slip at idle but will hear the belt slip if i drove hard and shifted then i would hear it.. i replaced the tensioner and i no longer hear it slip when i drive hard. the alternator seems to whine more (means its spinning and not slipping) and gained .3 of a volt just by replacing the tensioner

change the pulley on the crank.. or get better belt wrap.. your car will run like shit and you will use up lots of fuel.. if the belt is tight enough and slips then its not tight enough or you need a new tensioner. people always fail to replace one and usually are always the cause of slip or whining belt.. even if the tensioner is new a few belt replacements will render that tensioner useless. i put new belt on my car and helped with slip at idle but will hear the belt slip if i drove hard and shifted then i would hear it.. i replaced the tensioner and i no longer hear it slip when i drive hard. the alternator seems to whine more (means its spinning and not slipping) and gained .3 of a volt just by replacing the tensioner

I replaced my tensioner when I did all my stuff just in case and I have had no problems at all, even with a reduced pulley!

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

Archived