Increasing rpm at idle

I have a 240A mech man alternator in my 2006 ford fivehundred. I love it! But my voltage always drops down to 12.x when I am idling, or at a red light. This causes my ac fans to slow down, and headlights to dim slightly. I can just barely tap the gas and the alt will kick in, and it jumps back up to 14.5. I know I can put in a smaller pulley, but when my rpm gets close to red line, the belt starts to slip because it's spinning so fast. (And yes the belt is tight enough) I'm just curious how easy it is to increase idle speed. I know it was easy on older cars, but I don't think I can just turn a screw like you could before because of the pcm. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

And sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

i dont know about your car but in my old 02 honda accord there an cable going to the throttle body where it can be tighten or losen, i tighten mines to increase the idle. and if i wanted to run regular idle i just put my foot behind the gas pedal and pull it towards me and it will idle like normal. but i dont know about your car try it and see

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

get a flasher and you can do it. that'll be $300-800 depending on which flasher you get.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

flasher?

new cars are mostly data controlled. an SCT, Bully Dog, Diablo, etc.... all make a device that will reflash the computer with new information

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived