Running 1 alt VS 2 ...?

I contacted DC Power, they do make a dual bracket for a 2014 ( thanks Rodlow1). Now I have a question about the 2/4 pin... I originally was going to do a straight swap with oem alt. After reading this thread I'm going to run a dual set up. The alt I bought for the straight swap is a 2 pin...now I want to use it as the second alt. I see above some of you guys say the second alt needs to be a 4 pin. Can you explain why it needs to be a 4 pin and what are my options since I have a 2 pin....Thanks in advance for any info....I'm new to this and trying to learn.

I contacted DC Power, they do make a dual bracket for a 2014 ( thanks Rodlow1). Now I have a question about the 2/4 pin... I originally was going to do a straight swap with oem alt. After reading this thread I'm going to run a dual set up. The alt I bought for the straight swap is a 2 pin...now I want to use it as the second alt. I see above some of you guys say the second alt needs to be a 4 pin. Can you explain why it needs to be a 4 pin and what are my options since I have a 2 pin....Thanks in advance for any info....I'm new to this and trying to learn.

If the alternator you bought is a direct swap for the oem it would be externally regulated,made to run off your vehicle harness and cpu. You would need an internally regulated alternator in secondary position,so it can put out the voltage its set at.

Archived