rockFord_Expedition's Rebuild (Old School RF, SMD/D'Amore, CE Auto Electric, DC Power, XS Power, SHCA) lots of pics inside

Started making speaker mounting plates to stick the components in the OEM 5x7 openings. Just tracing the factory speaker onto a piece of MDF with a flush trim bit.

20141115_154012_zpskuagdxdx.jpg

Then I decided I wanted to mount the rears on the amp rack since I had room and it was a little different. I like it. This pic also shows that all of those odd shaped pieces are used for.

20150122_151734_zpsirkjcxg8.jpg

Now for ideas of the amp rack. Remember those seat bolt holes on the part of the floor that was at an angle? That's what I want to secure the amp rack to, but I want it to sit vertically behind the second row so I had to get a little creative.

Got the size of the rack down, now just messing with placement to come up with something i Like.

20141121_134655_zpsx8zcr9fa.jpg

What is that Rockford product in the middle??

These amps go with the interior color pretty well. Test fitting is going well. I really wish these had 1/0 inputs, or at least the bd1500, but it is what it is. I really wanted to use the end caps on the amps and with them on I have no room for reducers so i am stuck using 4 ga

20150123_150142_zpsm2qhpcag.jpg

I think I want to go with something like this:

dont over think it and do it.

i see xover 3 and 4. where are 1 and 2 going?

1 and 2 are for the front doors and hidden under the dash. I like to keep the x overs as close to the mid/tweet as possible. but don't like to mount them in doors.

Now for ideas of the amp rack. Remember those seat bolt holes on the part of the floor that was at an angle? That's what I want to secure the amp rack to, but I want it to sit vertically behind the second row so I had to get a little creative.

Got the size of the rack down, now just messing with placement to come up with something i Like.

You are either talking about the crossover or the capacitor. The thing with the single wire coming out is a 10 farad capacitor. The little black box under the square is a crossover for a set of components.

It's an RFC10HB

a 10 farad hybrid cap.

You are either talking about the crossover or the capacitor. The thing with the single wire coming out is a 10 farad capacitor. The little black box under the square is a crossover for a set of components.

It must be the capacitor lol, I recognize those crossovers. Does a 10 farad cap make a difference?

Archived