Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

trying to understand possible box inefficiencies


betweenmatt

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, so I finally installed my new ported box, and I've noticed that now, when the sub hits, my headlights dont dim at all - not even a little while idling.

My previous box was sealed, and I was having some hard core dimming even at 45mph, so I assumed that going ported would either make it worse or it would stay the same :/

My voltometer reads no voltage change at all on full tilt. Could this be caused by the box being inefficient?

4 alpine swe-s410

Hifonics bxi 1206d

Thanks for reading!

Posted

Is your new box louder? Since its ported I assume it is.

Your lights aren't dimming because your box is more efficient. You are getting the same (or more) sound on less power.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

It is most definitely louder lol... I was just under the assumption that no voltage drop meant inefficient box, dont know why I thought that xD

Thank you!

Posted

All I changed was the box. I haven't done the big three yet, its next on my to do list once it warms up a little.

I've never made a ported box so I didn't really know what to expect lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4861 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...