lovextacy Posted January 30, 2015 Report Posted January 30, 2015 Hello I have a 2004 Yukon xl im going to install the following Two pairs of kicker 40CSS654 Two pairs of kicker 40CS654 One subwoofer 13in JL w7 amplifier Rockford tb1000 Amplifier Rockford t400xad Main amp wire 1/0 gage Speaker wire 6 gage wire Deck kenwood kdc bt755hd Two rockford rfc2d capacitor Kicker front row 6-channel signal processor I going to put a component speaker on each door with the full range speakers.how Would I attach both speakers together? Do I really need 6 gage wire to hook up my speakers? I have everything on hand except the t400 amp. Each speaker is 100rms should I buy two amps or stick with this one?
Miguels Posted January 30, 2015 Report Posted January 30, 2015 you dont want to wire a component speaker with a coaxal speaker.. keep them in different channels and you dont need 6 gauge wire for speakers. 14-16 gauge for door speaker. 8-12 gauge for subs my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
lovextacy Posted January 30, 2015 Author Report Posted January 30, 2015 So I would need two of 4 channel amps one for the component speakers and the other for coaxal speakers right? The Yukon is 18ft long, and pushing 1000 rms just for the subwoofer. Its seems like 16 to 12 gage would be small. The speaker wire, ill be at 100 rms each speaker and need to rewire the who car. Looking at the graphs online its recommends 6 to 8 gage wire . Im about to buy a who roll of wire to do this but now im confused about why smaller wire?
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted January 30, 2015 Report Posted January 30, 2015 For power wire you'd want 1/0 into a distribution block then 4 Guage to the amps for speaker wire 12 gauge will be fine. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
DaniLVegas Posted February 24, 2015 Report Posted February 24, 2015 Can anyone help me install a 4 channel amp ?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.