djcue12369 Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 Looking to build a enclosure for 4 ten inch subs, The subs will be Rockford fosgate P2 d2s. I wanted it to be an aero port design but anything will do... Dimensions are 38/w 34/d 17/h, the vehicle it's going in is a 2006 chevy equinox, Any help would be great thanks.
SQL50 Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 What are your goals spl, sql, sq? What do you listen to? What kind of power are you going to run to them? I can help you out with these subs because I've built for them before.
Joe X Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 Here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide:
SQL50 Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 ^ It's a good looking design, but until we know what he wants out of them.. You know.. I've built for em before & I've had great results with a single at 1.60 net, 33.60 (might as well say 34 hz) 26 sq in of port powered by an R500X1D at 2 ohms and it takes it all day long no problem, oscoped to ensure a clean signal. I swear by it, these subs can take double their power on a perfectly clean signal, no bass boost bs, clean everything. But I'll +1 this, it's pretty close to what I built for it. It would definitely 100% sure take double the clean power in this app no matter what anybody says.
djcue12369 Posted February 2, 2015 Author Report Posted February 2, 2015 I want them to play low and give good spl... On the other hand have good sq also.. this is going to be my wifes build. she likes a bit of both. Joe x that box looks really good man... As of power I have a 1200.1 sundown
djcue12369 Posted February 2, 2015 Author Report Posted February 2, 2015 Sorry it took so long to write back... Had to work today
djcue12369 Posted February 2, 2015 Author Report Posted February 2, 2015 Hey Joe will it be to much trouble to add some 45s? Will that make it sound any better?
SQL50 Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 Then this is the build that you want, it doesn't need 45's. Just sand down the edges & it'll be fine.
Joe X Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 No need for 45s in this case (as said), if you decide to do some just don't do big ones that take away a lot of internal airspace.
djcue12369 Posted February 4, 2015 Author Report Posted February 4, 2015 ok thanks again guys... starting on this build this weekend... if yall wants progress pics let me know i'll post for ya!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.