Kenyatta Goins Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 Hey everyone my name is Manny I drive a 03 cavalier I have a sundown sa 15d2 powered by a lightning audio la3000md @ 1 ohm I have 2 optima red tops and the big 3 in 1/0 with a big alt on the way. I have the woofer and port firing forward sealed off from the trunk, box is around 3.8 @ 30 hz right now, but Im going to be changing my tuning to around 34-35 because I feel that I am not getting the full potential of this woofer. Its ok on lows but horrible on highs which I know would be caused from the low tuning but before I change the tuning I wanted to ask you guys what you think I should do with my setup to get the best output and range.
Joe X Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 Just put something solid inside the box to reduce net to 3.3-3.5 net or less, it will up your tuning and improve transient response a bit. Probably it will help you to find a sweet spot you want to rebuild to.
Kenyatta Goins Posted February 3, 2015 Author Report Posted February 3, 2015 so shrink the box size even more is that going to improve my power handling also?
BassJunkie Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 Yes 1986 C20 Suburban 9 American Bass XFL 15's B2 M1MKII 14v XS Power Batteries Maxwell Caps Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.