JScustoms05suburban Posted February 4, 2015 Report Posted February 4, 2015 Hello all, I have 10 12's and making an enclosure to fit 10 seems to be a major pain in my side. my question is, if all factors stay the same, (box tuning, power per sub, et cetera) what loss in spl could i expect in dropping 1 sub out, and only using 9? the vehicle is my ground pounding daily driver. the enclosure is a ported wall in an 05 suburban. I don't necessarily need exact numbers, but would I notice the difference? ps. i like hair tricks:) 3 350 amp 6 phase js alts 6 custom sundown 18s 4 ft1 tweets 8 8" pwx mids 18 g31 agm batts 2 crescendo 12k 1 american bass gt3200.4 1 jl slash 300/4 ~600 feet of 1/0 ofc knu
moredbs Posted February 4, 2015 Report Posted February 4, 2015 I don't think it possible to answer that question,and actually be accurate. theres to many factors...
FrankB Posted February 4, 2015 Report Posted February 4, 2015 If you hear a difference then I'd be very surprised . I think if you heard anything different it would be mind tricks .
JScustoms05suburban Posted February 4, 2015 Author Report Posted February 4, 2015 I get that its not a straight forward question to answer.... or maybe at all. I was thinking along the lines that it would just be mind tricks... (and what i was hoping for ) 3 350 amp 6 phase js alts 6 custom sundown 18s 4 ft1 tweets 8 8" pwx mids 18 g31 agm batts 2 crescendo 12k 1 american bass gt3200.4 1 jl slash 300/4 ~600 feet of 1/0 ofc knu
juan777 Posted February 4, 2015 Report Posted February 4, 2015 I say do 9 if it's so much simpler. Or post max dimensions and someone can help you with a box design The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
jk13 Posted February 4, 2015 Report Posted February 4, 2015 9 in a proper box for the subs and the vehicle should be better than 10 in the wrong box. Depending on your goals. And a bunch of other things. Is the mounting surface or the air space the issue in fitting one more? Static drops are my bag.
JScustoms05suburban Posted February 4, 2015 Author Report Posted February 4, 2015 Its going in an 05 burban, no second row of seats, so in order to fit the box it has to shrink in the back. Max dimensions are: 61 w, 44t, and i would like to keep the depth to the 12-18" area and the rear where it shrinks are as follows: 51w, 37t, and how ever deep the rear is. somewhere in the 50-60" area. edit, and i need 29-30 cubes net @ 30hz 3 350 amp 6 phase js alts 6 custom sundown 18s 4 ft1 tweets 8 8" pwx mids 18 g31 agm batts 2 crescendo 12k 1 american bass gt3200.4 1 jl slash 300/4 ~600 feet of 1/0 ofc knu
JScustoms05suburban Posted February 4, 2015 Author Report Posted February 4, 2015 @jk13 my issue is mounting surface 3 350 amp 6 phase js alts 6 custom sundown 18s 4 ft1 tweets 8 8" pwx mids 18 g31 agm batts 2 crescendo 12k 1 american bass gt3200.4 1 jl slash 300/4 ~600 feet of 1/0 ofc knu
jk13 Posted February 5, 2015 Report Posted February 5, 2015 What's the plan so far that you can't fit? Flat wall? Clamshell? Lots of ways to get more mounting area. Many of which will take up air space, unfortunately. Why 10? To match up with your amp power or do you already own 10? So many questions but to suggest possible solutions we need details. Static drops are my bag.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.