Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Daily and comp boxes


BigManAC

Recommended Posts

Posted

I want to build a box strictly for competing. The only thing I'm worried about is taking the sub in and out of the box too many times and weakening the wood. I go to about 8 events a year so not that many. Would this be a good idea or should I look for other options?

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

You can use t-nuts or insert threads (not sure it those are the correct name but that's what I call them) I'm assuming that your worried about the wood wearing out where the screws secure the subwoofer in. That's really the only spot I can think of.

Link tnuts- http://m.homedepot.com/b/Tools-Hardware-Hardware-Fasteners-Nuts-Tee-Nuts/N-5yc1vZc2a4

Link insert threads- http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002WC8TVG/ref=pd_aw_sbs_2?pi=AC_SY230_QL60

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

Posted

Some uses the same box with removable/adjustable ports. Maybe you can do it.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

Posted

Some uses the same box with removable/adjustable ports. Maybe you can do it.

I was looking as designing a interchangeable square port but I could never get the variables right between the two boxes. That and for a tuning of 33hz (for daily) the port would be something like 28in long and I wasn't sure if a square port could have a turn.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

Some uses the same box with removable/adjustable ports. Maybe you can do it.

I was looking as designing a interchangeable square port but I could never get the variables right between the two boxes. That and for a tuning of 33hz (for daily) the port would be something like 28in long and I wasn't sure if a square port could have a turn.

As long as you stay true to size there shouldn't be a problem,Iv see people do it before but might be a pain to remove if your doing them removable.

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 605 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...